Immigration advice

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

Network members who provide immigration advice are listed below. Click on their name to go to their page on this website.


Barrow CAB

Citizens Advice Allerdale

Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden

Copeland CAB

Cumbria Law Centre

Cumbria Rural CAB

Terrence Higgins Trust



National Web links and information


Adviceguide (immigration)

immigration section of the Citizens Advice national website. Information on immigration control, immigration and nationality problems, bringing a relative to the UK, extension of stay, refugees and asylum seekers, organisations providing help, obtaining information in other languages.


Home Office, UK Border Agency

government information on visiting and living in the UK


Home Office, Identity and Passport Service

government information on passports and passport verification.


Refugee Council

the Refugee Council is a registered charity working with asylum seekers and refugees. They provide direct help and support, but also work with asylum seekers and refugees to ensure their needs and concerns are addressed.